There is no doubt in my mind that people who have goals are more successful in both life and in business. I have seen this to be especially true in network marketing. So often I’ve heard people quit and say, “This business just didn’t turn out the way I thought it would”. But then when I ask them, “What were your goals?” It turns out they didn’t have any.
I’m going to share with you the two steps you can take today to put you back on the right path for achieving your success!
Goal Setting Is a Key Element in Any Business!
I find it frustrating personally. Imagine this: You finally have some vacation time from work so you decide to hop in your car and just drive. You drive for hours and hours, turning left here, right there, onto the freeway, and then when you are finally tired enough to have to stop…you’re in the middle of nowhere thinking to yourself, “This sucks!” Without a road-map, some type of destination in mind, and no idea where you want to go, chances are you aren’t going to have the best vacation ever.
Your business operates in the same way. You MUST have goals in your business in order to know where you are going. Is it your goal to have a “hobby business”? Is it your goal to have a $25,000 a year business? Is it to reach the top level of your company? If you don’t have a goal, you can’t track if your even on the right path to achieve it!
You may want a hobby, but you may have a leader pushing you to get you into their next big contest. That pressure will only frustrate you unless you share your goal with him or her and let them know that it’s only a hobby for you. Or, you may have a goal of hitting the top level of the company and you have a leader who is encouraging you to “just do your minimums”. That will frustrate you just as much. Get clear on what you goals are and put them out into the universe!
Let’s look at it from a different perspective – one where you have actually set some goals. In the first scenario, you have a goal to make $1250 a month. You want to cover your child’s private school tuition. As long as you hit that goal, you’ll be happy. You’ve decided that is the level you want to be at and you have no desire to go any higher. Now, when your leader starts talking about the “next big contest”, you can wish them and the team the best of luck and let them know you’re happy earning your $1250 a month! That’s was your goal and you succeeded. On the flip side, if you’re not meeting your $1250 goal, you can talk to your leaders about what you can do so that the business does meet your needs.
Like Me on Facebook Here =====>>>
In the second scenario, you have a goal of hitting a top level in the company. If that is your goal, and you share it with your leader, you can map out a plan for what steps need to be taken. Together you can set monthly and quarterly goals. If you are not hitting the short term goals along the way, you’ll need to make adjustments in order to hit your long term goal. It’s just a matter of setting your big goal first and then setting a series of small goals which will lead you there over time. However, without defining and setting those goals, you will end up frustrated and likely won’t make it ver far up the ladder.
What you can do today to get to your goals faster:
1. Take some quite time this week. Get away from your home and business. Find a spot that you can do some thinking with no distractions. Take a notebook and pen with you.
2. Think about your business. Ask yourself these questions:
- Why did you join your company?
- Why do you want to stay with your company?
- Is there anything new that you have learned since you’ve joined your company that you didn’t know before which excites you?
- What do you HAVE to make with your business per month?
- What would you LIKE to make with your business per month?
- Is being a leader an appealing thought to you? Why or why not?
- Do you see yourself in this business 3 years from now? 5 years? 10 years?
- If your business went just the way you wanted it to for the next year, what would you like to be earning this time next year per month?
- Do contests motivate you?
- Do you want to earn company trips?
- Are you willing to do the necessary work earn contests and trips?
These are all questions that should get you REALLY thinking about what you realistically want from your business. The most important thing is to be VERY honest with yourself. Remember, your goals are YOURS. They are not your spouses, they are not your leaders, they are not anyone else’s but YOURS.
A few last goal setting tips:
• Decide what you want from your business and set your goals.
• When you get home, share your goals with your family and with a leader who has the knowledge to help get you there.
• Put your goals IN WRITING where you can see them. Once it’s on paper, you own it!
If you haven’t set your goals for your business, set them THIS WEEK. Only then can you make sure you are one the right road and taking the steps to get you to where you want to be!
If you liked this article, comment and share it with the buttons provided. If you would like to speak with me directly, pick up the phone and dial 226-268-2761 or on skype at adamlumley
Find more online training to help you Recruit More Reps is available 24/7.
To Your Massive Success!
Attraction Marketer & Online Success Coach
Phone – 226-268-2761
PS: If your support team hasn’t given you a blueprint to generate 20-50 targeted leads per day check this out! (Unless you already have too many leads) - Click Here For Instant Access